Momentous year of changes I would say...
Spent the first 5 months being pregnant, and then the next 7 months struggling to learn how to be a mom. Mothering doesn't come naturally to me at all, so it's been a steep learning curve.
So yes 2017 was mostly about welcoming the little one and coming to terms with the fact that life is no longer the same. Battling a bout of blues weeks after delivery... darn those hormones. Confined at home during confinement. Lots of frustrating moments when the baby doesn't cooperate. When the baby falls sick. When the baby cries.
Sometimes I look at Cell and wonder how come we made such a cute baby, hahaha! But I'm pretty sure those are just very biased thoughts that every parent has. She's starting to be her own little human now! She makes everyone so happy when she coos and smiles. Can't believe it's already 7 months since that fateful night of pushing, which eventually resulted in an emergency c-sect.
This year we didn't get to travel much. Bangkok in March for one last baby-free holiday, and then we adventurously (or foolishly? Lol) brought Cell to Perth in November. Perth was a good experience, I did enjoy the time we spent as a family of 3. But it did come with lots of inconveniences too.
I foresee
Health wise... I think my health hasn't been great last year. Especially after birth. My hives are back with a vengeance recently (the cooler weather didn't help). Fell sick a couple of times. Definitely ate less healthily than before (breastfeeding gave me a one-way ticket to fatdom) and I can count the number of times I exercised post-partum on one hand. :( For a person who used to pride myself on keeping fit and active... this definitely was something I had to adjust to. My waist is now as thick as a tree trunk. Hope to find more time to exercise this coming year. And erm, drink less bubble tea and eat less sweet stuff!!!
Relationships wise, I've been meeting my friends a lot less frequently too. Especially after the birth of Cell. I guess all my friends are also at that stage where they have to juggle family life and other commitments, so naturally meetups get lesser and lesser. Hope things improve this year!
I appreciate my mom more now too. My MIL... haha well work in progress. I think I think better of her when we were not staying under one roof. But sometimes it's my own perception that I need to manage.
I'm glad that le husband has always been very supportive and hands-on and understanding, for the most part. It's very easy to neglect your partner when there's a baby in the picture. So yeah more appreciation for the husband this year! And try not to get irritated with minor things!
Work wise... not so good. Had a really bad and scathing work review with my boss end Nov. Basically she told me to buck up la and said that my lack of urgency was a major issue for her. I myself know that I haven't been the most diligent worker. But I really don't feel motivated at my job lor. Hopefully this year will open up more opportunities for me, and if the plan for me is not to move, then at least I hope I start to feel more motivated at work? LOL.
And this year, we look forward to receiving the keys to our new house! Finally a place to call our own! I've been waiting for this day for years... please let us collect our keys sooner rather than later!
After all that rambling, I pray for safety and health for all of us and our loved ones. Pray for Cell to grow up to be a happy, healthy girl. Pray for myself to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Pray for our finances. Pray for our house. Basically things that I always pray about la haha.


0 comments:
Post a Comment